While waiting for Maggie, we are picking up her brother in Africa!


Friday, June 6, 2008

SUMMER IS HERE!

Whew!! I am glad it is summer! I had a wonderful school year with super kids, but summer break is always awesome! I did go to a 2 day Great Expectation workshop yesterday and today at UCO. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot! I just hope I remember all the ideas when school starts!

On the adoption front, things are going at a snail's pace. We will be extremely lucky at the rate we are going to get her in 2 and half more years!!! We did apply last week to adopt a baby from Ethiopia. We are waiting on approval. They may not approve us because of our concurrent China adoption. We will not pull out of China. We are praying that we will have time to adopt from both countries. Ethiopia at the present time is taking around 12-15 months from start to finish. Once you bring your baby home, you have to have him or her home for 12 months before you can adopt another baby. It will be pretty close possibly, but who really knows............we may have plenty of time.............or China could miraculously speed up and Ethiopia slow down!!! Only the big Guy upstairs knows.............and I am pretty sure He is the One in charge. Make that I am positive He is the One in charge! Are you hearing me God? I know you are in charge...........Haven't I learned my lesson?! Not my plan, not my timeframe...........I know already. Please help everything to fall into place a.s.a.p. (just kidding God)!

No comments: