While waiting for Maggie, we are picking up her brother in Africa!


Thursday, July 30, 2009

July update on Eli!!!

We got our July update on Eli today! The closer it gets to going to get him, the more I ache to hold him. We think he's just beautiful. They said that he is 62 cm long (I think that is around 24 inches. I'll need to check my math!) and weighs 12 lbs. He's a little guy, for 5 months old. He looks healthy though. They reported that he is a happy, content, and quiet baby who hardly ever cries. He drinks 7 - 5oz bottles a day, with 2 of the feedings in the night. Those night feedings will be an adjustment! :) They report that his development is good. It looks like his chicken pox are getting better. We just can't wait to have him in our arms!! Only 2 more weeks until we head that way!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

He's so adorable! I want to love on him and he isn't even my child - I know your arms are aching so badly. Your time to travel is almost here!

Erica R.

the Garrisons said...

So funny....they said the EXACT same things about our Eli! I was feeling pretty lucky and now I'm wondering if they say that to all the parents!! :)) Hopefully it's true for both of us!

Melodie Monberg said...

I keep coming back to this sweet face. Oh you must be SO READY to hold that adorable little guy in your arms. Counting down with you!

Melodie