While waiting for Maggie, we are picking up her brother in Africa!


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School and other stuff!

Whew! You can sure tell around here that school is back in session! We have been so busy getting back in the groove of things. Baylee is much happier when school is going on. She is such a social butterfly that she needs to be in the middle of friendships and happenings. Right now, her daddy is taking her and a friend to Fifty-Six, a church service for 5th and 6th graders at our church. She is also debating on taking band or not. I will let you know how that turns out. As for me, well, I am just tired! I always forget how tough the first weeks of school are. My class is delightful, but we have a lot of work to do to get in a good routine. They will get there. It just takes awhile. It takes me awhile to get in a good routine as well. It doesn't help with the millions of beginning of school year things to do. Enough with that already!! Brian was in Iowa last week. It sure is good to have him home. He sure helps take some of the stress off, with helping with things around the house. I told him that I wish I made enough money to make him a house husband!! He wishes that too! As for our adoptions.............China is still moving at a snail's pace. It took them 7 months to get through one month of the waiting list. They just finished January of 2006 people and we are September of 2006. Our Ethiopia adoption is going much smoother! I hope it stays that way! We sent our dossier (paperwork) to AWAA, our adoption agency, yesterday!! Boy, that was a wonderful feeling! I pray now that it will get there by Monday of next week and that everything looks good and they can forward it on to Ethiopia. Once it is in Ethiopia, the wait has been between 5-7 months. Hopefully, it stays that way! Once you get your referral of a baby, it is about 2-3 months before you travel. We are so anxious! Well, that is what is going on around here!

No comments: