While waiting for Maggie, we are picking up her brother in Africa!


Thursday, August 9, 2007

Up in the Air!

There are a lot of things up in the air right now in the Corderman household! I don't do too well with that. After a couple of fitful days, I finally released it to God! I don't know why I don't do that to begin with. I guess it's that old control issue I have trouble with. When am I going to learn that I am not in control? You would think with this baby wanting and a possible 3 year total wait for this adoption, I would have this control issue learned, but I don't. I am getting better though. Up in the air right now is: 1.) When is Lais coming? We have been given 3 different dates so far. The confirmed latest is August 14th. This date is so not good because I have open house that evening, so does Baylee, and so does Lais for that matter. The 14th would mean that Lais has one whole day to get adjusted before school starts. Kids are resilent and she would make it, but it certainly is not the ideal situation. Not only that, but we still would need to enroll her and buy school supplies, etc. Not to mention I have meetings on that "one day", the 15th. They are trying to change her flight schedule, but we have not heard anything yet. They may not be able to. 2.)Who will Baylee's teacher be, will she have any of her friends in her class, and will she have a good year? Let's face it, we worry over our children constantly. Their happiness is our happiness. When Baylee was a baby, my grandma Brown came to visit. I was in Baylee's room watching her breathe and telling my grandma how worrisome having a baby is. She said, "Oh honey, you have only just begun. This is the easy part." She was so right! I can only see it getting more and more worrisome as she grows. Wait till she drives!! Oh my goodness!! 3.)Will our school faculty unite, be nicer, and less judgemental of each other? Teaching is tough work. We need each other for support and encouragement. I hope things will improve in that direction. These "wills" and "whens" were starting to get to me and then I was reminded by Baylee to put it in God's hands. Who is the mother here? So back to my bible and my favorite verses written in the cover including: Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Phillipians4:6,7 and So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. Matthew 6:34 God's timing is perfect and he will take care of everything. We just have to quit worrying and trust him!!

No comments: